Saturday, July 10, 2010

Priem Chiemsee









We went to Priem Chiemsee today. It's a little town on a big lake. The lake has three little islands. I think I said in a previous post that they don't allow motor boats on the lake because they want to keep it clean. Found out today that's not true.
We arrived by train, then took a little green steam engine train through town to the ferry, which we took to the island of Frauen Chiemsee. There is a convent there and the nuns make liquor and gingerbread! I had some of the gingerbread. It's different from ours, but good. We ate at a little restaurant looking out on the lake. All restaurants in Germany have outdoor tables because it's too hot to eat indoors. Nothing is air conditioned. I took pictures of the lake, the convent, and the convent church which was pretty ornate. And I took pictures of the little green steam train.
Four more days!